Founded in 2017, RPG Commerce is a leading direct-to-consumer (DTC) social e-commerce company dedicated to building cutting-edge everyday essentials. With an in-house portfolio ranging from innovative active wear to home and living products, RPG currently carries an in-house brand portfolio of 10+ brands, including Thousand Miles, Bottoms Lab, Eubi, Montigo and Cosmic Cookware.
Recently securing a Series B funding round of RM127 million, RPG Commerce has over 100 employees in KL, Singapore, and Philippines who work every day to develop, design and produce high-quality products all over the world. To find out more, please visit https://www.rpg.ventures/.
About The Job
We are looking for a person who is good with supplier management, someone who loves to build relationships, networking, and a great communicator. Attention to detail yet having a big picture view is essential. This person must also be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work effectively in both collaborative and autonomous settings.
- Manage trade procurement with local stakeholders to handle and support sourcing projects.
- Lead and execute individual sourcing projects including sourcing strategy development, run the bid/quotation process, award recommendations, review and negotiation, purchase order issuance and contract execution in coordination with legal.
- Initialize rate cards to bring efficiency to the sourcing, benchmarking & negotiation process.
- Leads the supplier review with inputs from the planning and logistics team for operational and cost efficiencies.
- Build, maintain, and manage supplier relationships and keep up good communications.
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships.
- Contact suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery, or invoice issues.
- Escalation points for any operational issues that the planning team is unable to resolve.
- Provide oversight over various contract management processes and ensure transparency.
- Negotiate within the terms and conditions of the contract, solutions to conflicts/problems arising in case of poor performance or non-compliance with contractual obligations and convene meetings with contractors to allow ample opportunity for the identification and early resolution of potential disputes.
- Strong communicator and fluent in Mandarin in both written and speech.
- Not required to have experience in dealing with China counterparts, but at least in Malaysia / Singapore.