Founded in 2017, RPG Commerce is a leading direct-to-consumer (DTC) social e-commerce company dedicated to building cutting-edge everyday essentials. With an in-house portfolio ranging from innovative active wear to home and living products, RPG currently carries an in-house brand portfolio of 10+ brands, including Thousand Miles, Bottoms Lab, Eubi, Montigo and Cosmic Cookware.
Recently securing a Series B funding round of RM127 million, RPG Commerce has over 100 employees in KL, Singapore and Philippines who work everyday to develop, design and produce high-quality products all over the world. To find out more, please visit https://www.rpg.ventures/.
About the role
The launcher strategises the entry of RPG brands into new markets to expand the footprint of RPG brands globally. You will have the opportunity to launch different brands across the globe. This role requires an ability to be resourceful, an entrepreneurial spirit, and passion for problem solving. Market research, market strategy, competitive analysis, distribution strategy, customer acquisition and P&L ownership all sit under the Launcher’s broad umbrella of responsibilities. Launchers have a roll up your sleeves and get into the details approach - you’ll need to be a jack of all trades, from research to pitching market entry strategies to building business plans & orchestrating resources to mobilise plan. The ideal candidate for this role should have strong strategic thinking skills, creative marketing skills, excellent time-management, people management & project management skills. Qualified candidates are independent self-starters and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment.
- Lead the launch team including e-commerce, supply chain, retail, partnerships teams etc. to launch existing & new brands into new markets
- Identify and research market opportunities and present findings and recommendations to leadership for winning market launch strategy
- Build the launch plan and budget (where necessary) for the respective brands. Present the recommended launch plan to the launch squad for execution
- Lead the launch squad to achieve successful kick-off of new sales distribution points for the brands in the target markets, driving towards customer acquisition & growth
- Project lead/manage & prioritize across multiple brands across multiple markets
- Collaborate with the brand & strategy team where necessary for effective market launch strategy
- Create playbooks and optimising processes to improve launch speed and success rate
- Present regular new launch ideas, learnings & recommend actions to leadership
- A minimum of 5 years of of strategy / business consulting, project management, start-up launcher experience
- Experience with leading a cross-functional team towards a common goal
- Speed, resourcefulness, leader and go getter attitude. You'll have your fingerprints all over the operations for our market launches and will play a direct role in the launch success
- Self-directed, execution-focused, and incredibly well-organized with a proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Adaptable, flexible and able to wear multiple hats - from research, planning, marketing, customer service, etc
- Proven aptitude to sift through data, identify critical information, analyze, develop hypothesis and make recommendations
- Experience with data-based decision-making, exercising good judgment in ambiguous circumstances, and effectively communicating across a diverse and cross functional team
- Bachelor’s degree, (MBA a plus)