Founded in 2017, RPG Commerce is a leading direct-to-consumer (DTC) social e-commerce company dedicated to building cutting-edge everyday essentials. With an in-house portfolio ranging from innovative active wear to home and living products, RPG currently carries an in-house brand portfolio of 10+ brands, including Thousand Miles, Bottoms Lab, Eubi, Montigo and Cosmic Cookware.
Recently securing a Series B funding round of RM127 million, RPG Commerce has over 100 employees in KL, Singapore and Philippines who work everyday to develop, design and produce high-quality products all over the world. To find out more, please visit https://www.rpg.ventures/.
About the Role
The Retail Operations Manager will be the pioneer member in RPG expansion to offline store initiatives. The ideal candidate should be ready to roll up their sleeves, be the pioneer in the retail team & collaborate closely with the team to take on a wide range of challenges in starting our offline channels such as setting up, negotiating with the landlord, looking for a space, day to day operations, building and training our retail team.
- Responsible for scouting retail location opportunities, negotiating terms with landlord & spearheading retail operations end to end.
- Responsible for sales and profit results, retail price and margins on merchandise, net operating cost, and expense control.
- Responsible for staffing store management positions and training managers to operate stores according to company policies.
- Implement marketing strategy and negotiate with marketing on additional activities to simulate sales or motivate Sales Associates.
- Responsible for ensuring all the counters in protecting the image of the brand.
- Visit retail establishments to ensure efficient and effective management as well as high performance sales
- Monitor inventory levels to determine the need for stock supply at each retail outlet
- Ensure compliance with health/safety policies and procedures at retail sites
- Listen to customer complaints to address & resolve their issues
What You Need to Have
- At least 5-7 years of experience in retail operations at supervisory level, preferably in D2C business
- Familiar with Retail training and SOP
- Effective communication skills in writing, presentation, negotiation and influencing
- A reputation and track record of being energetic, innovative, enthusiastic, and agile.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, hands-on; Willingness and ability to act as a change agent and offer opinions and judgments
- Self-directed, execution-focused, and incredibly well-organized with a proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment