Founded in 2017, RPG Commerce is a leading direct-to-consumer (DTC) social e-commerce company dedicated to building cutting-edge everyday essentials. With an in-house portfolio ranging from innovative active wear to home and living products, RPG currently carries an in-house brand portfolio of 10+ brands, including Thousand Miles, Bottoms Lab, Eubi, Montigo and Cosmic Cookware.
Recently securing a Series B funding round of RM127 million, RPG Commerce has over 100 employees in KL, Singapore and Philippines who work everyday to develop, design and produce high-quality products all over the world. To find out more, please visit https://www.rpg.ventures/.
About The Job
The Accounts Executive plays a key role in supporting the Finance Department and various stakeholders in the company to ensure seamless business operation. You should be an independent self-starter, probing into data and is obsessed with numbers.
- Month-end closing of accounts for which include but not limited to journal preparation including accrual, prepayment, fixed asset maintenance & depreciation, bank reconciliations and intercompany billing.
- Review and preparation of reports for group consolidations
- Preparation and submission of monthly/quarterly VAT/GST reporting documents to the relevant authorities as required within stipulated deadlines.
- Coordination and communicate with the various departments including Procurement and Supply Chain to support Accounts Payable functions
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and local regional requirements including but not limited to accounting, taxation, audit and matters. This may include working with external providers on the timely preparation and submission of annual statutory audited accounts, income tax reports, annual returns, etc.
- Support immediate supervisor in continuous process improvement and assisting in managing finance projects/initiatives including communicating /liaising with various stakeholders.
- Special projects as required which may be assigned from time to time.
- BSc/BA in accounting, finance, Business Administration or other relevant background.
- Experience with Quickbooks would be a HUGE plus.
- Fresh graduates are welcome to apply
- Having knowledge of fundamental accounting concepts, practices and procedures, including IFRS accounting standards.
- You feel comfortable in a start-up environment & face pace environment.
- Good computer skills and proactive learner.
- You are characterized by accurate work and an affinity to numbers.
- Good knowledge of Excel / Google Sheets.