Brief Description of Company
SPECTRUM - Work, Play, Belong
SPECTRUM offers curated workspaces designed to provide an authentic community experience, along with the connections and resources needed to expand businesses. Our mission is to cultivate communities where people and businesses can collaborate and flourish.
Pinnacle - To Learn, To Dare, To Lead
Pinnacle is our learning business. Our objectives are to invest in people’s learning journey, to enable lifelong learning and to empower the next generation. We do this through three (3) verticals that are aligned to the Pinnacle Business. They comprise of Exec Learning, Entrepreneurship and NextGen. Pinnacle’s Mission is to share skills, methodologies and stories that empower changemakers to create impact across communities.
The focus of the Marketing & Communications Manager will be to build a strong brand positioning for both SPECTRUM and Pinnacle and their sub brands to the target audience. To ensure alignment with the key messages of the parent company, Golden Equator Holdings, and to provide results driven marketing across all aspects of the product lifecycle. The result being lead generation and conversion.
The role is both strategic as well as hands on and uses multiple channels to market including but not limited to digital platforms, physical material and closely aligned to the sales strategy.
At SPECTRUM and Pinnacle, we grow and develop because of our community.
We are looking for a person with a great ability to understand multiple target markets, and work in a fluid and often very dynamic environment. A team leader with strong work ethics and values and an excellent communicator. someone with an outgoing personality, people focused and with a desire to see others join in our various communities and grow. This person will help us to realise the company’s vision and to achieve the KPI’s for Individual as well as group goals. The person will need to understand and appreciate the unique position and value of SPECTRUM, Pinnacle (and other brands and products), and have the necessary hard and soft skills and experience to achieve the targets.
Reports to: CEO (SPECTRUM)
To work with the various stakeholders within the organisation, from the group CEO (of GE), GE Chief of Staff, SPECTRUM/Pinnacle CEO, SPECTRUM & Pinnacle operational team and the inhouse marketing team. To help position the brand and image of SPECTRUM/Pinnacle to MNC’s, Government Organisations and Individuals within the target audience.
To work with the various teams and stakeholders in understanding the products (GE’s Eco System, SPECTRUM’s Communities, Pinnacle’s Learning offerings, space as well as various community engagement activities) and to work with the SPECTRUM Operations Director in understanding the position of various Pinnacle Products (verticals) and SPECTRUM Membership packages. All to be packaged appropriately and marketed to the target audience.
The position reports directly to the SPECTRUM/Pinnacle CEO and works closely with various stakeholders across the business.
· Work with key stakeholders to develop the over-all Marketing and Communications Strategies for SPECTRUM, Pinnacle and their various sub brands
· Delivery of the marketing and communications strategy with the marketing team – ensuring timely achievement against goals and KPI’s - both individual, team and business performance.
· Clear communication of the marketing strategies to internal stakeholders as well as external parties, facilitating alignment.
· Establish best practices for marketing and communications within the team
· Ensure all department activities support company objectives
· Responsible for the end-to-end project management of all marketing and communications campaigns; from strategic and creative development to execution and campaign measurement and reporting
· Ensure the successful delivery of all marketing and communications campaigns, working within the mantra of on brief, on time, on budget
· Responsible for ensuring the development and agreement of all campaign metrics/KPIs
o Creation, delivery and monitoring of content generation for posting on social media channels. This includes but is not limited to such tools as:
o Facebook Pages
o LinkedIn Pages
o Various Websites
o Internal Members Portal
o Newsletters and marketing collaterals
o Print Publications across all brands
· Media and reputation tracking across all channels
· Managing the posting of content on all media channels
· Communicate with SPECTRUM Members and Partners on Communication requirements
· Communicate and manage posting of content on rented/paid media channels
· CMS management SOPs and distribution strategy
· Set and keep relevant the governance model and processes surrounding content development and digital asset management
· Keep up to date on industry trends in content development, audience-targeting technologies, platform capabilities (e.g.CMS, marketing automation) to improve targeting, content relevance and online presence.
· Research existing products and services to understand, extend, and create messages that will resonate with the target audiences
· Team Management
o Lead, guide and develop the team in the delivery of the Marketing and Communications Plan
o Provide great leadership skills in the personal development of your team
o Provide measurable outcomes for team and individual performance and support the team in the deliverable of these outcomes
o Ensure that your team management style is consistent with the culture and values of Golden Equator and SPECTRUM
· Minimum of 8 years' marketing experience across all segments of Product and Marketing Management, including managing marketing teams.
· Experience in working across multiple markets with various channels and sales environments, social media management, content strategy and execution.
· Hands-on experience planning and executing social paid campaign (Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn) including A/B tests and other optimisation best practices-mail marketing (building lists, planning and execution of newsletters and EDMs)Proficient with Google Analytics, Google Ads (Search and Display) and Google Tage Manager. Experience with CRMS and automations tools such as Sales Force, HubSpot is also preferable.
· Knowledge of UX best practices to design websites and landing pages that are optimised for conversion. Experience in growing e-commerce businesses is preferable. Genuine interest in emerging digital trends and technologies
· Excellent interpersonal skills, people person
· Outstanding communication (verbal and written)
· Problem-solving aptitude
· Pleasant, resourceful, creative, and energetic team player
· Influencing skills and ability to facilitate discussions between parties that share different perspectives on content
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust to tight deadlines with minimum supervision
· Degree in Business with a major in Marketing (preferred)
About Golden Equator Group
Golden Equator is a holding group of businesses committed to creating value beyond the financial. We envisage a world where communities, technology, capital, and learning converge to propel human potential and inspire new possibilities. We commit our talent and resources to develop future-focused solutions that empower the next generation and fuel meaningful connections, which maximise the potential for thriving business communities. In doing so, we amplify opportunities for collaboration and innovation.
For more information, please visit: https://www.goldenequator.com/