About the role:
Truthfully, over the last few years, our content is getting too “safe”. So we are looking for a visual storyteller to lead us out of our comfort zone – away from the 50 shades of Vanilla that we are trapped in.
As the Creative Director, you’ll get the freedom to express the Comfort Works brand as yours. We are looking for someone who is an expert at marrying a brand’s creative and strategic visions while maintaining creative consistency.
Comfort Works is an aesthetic-led business, so our ideal candidate will need a background that fits this bill – that means expertise in both the technical and conceptual elements of video production and product photography.
At Comfort Works, we are obsessed with our customers. We are looking for someone who can combine customer insights with business goals to deliver innovative creative that cuts through the noise. You will be empowered to challenge the status-quo, unlock new opportunities, and execute on a global scale.
Key Accountability 1: Creative and Branding Strategy
Now in our growth phase, setting the right narrative for our brand and visual direction is top of our lists of priorities. This calls for an opportunity for you to take the reigns on how our brand is communicated to our global audience. You will need to:
- Guide the translation of our brand through visual content and creative strategy as Comfort Works evolves as a company and product. Ensure that we deliver world-class content and that our brand is always top-of-mind, with visuals that are instantly recognizable by everyone.
- Translates insights into compelling storytelling and innovative creative across video, photography, ads, landing page design, and brand campaigns – from concepts through to delivery for acquisition and retention.
- Narrate Comfort Works brand’s story and help evangelize our brand through blog posts, videos, social platforms, and other mediums.
- Ensure consistent implementation internally by the team and by stakeholders
Key Accountability 2: Content & Production Direction
We create everything in house, from our manufacturing, 3D models, website development, package design, etc. Hence, all of our videos and photography are also done in our own studio. You will need to:
- Partner with the Marketing team to build performance-driven advertising campaign programs, uplevel product launches, deliver amazing brand experiences, and more.
- Oversee all stages of video and photography production, ensuring that product/brand/campaign objective is delivered in the final output.
- Be responsible for creating the content direction for our product calendar and marketing calendar and recalibrate the way we communicate value through our product pages.
- Creates best practice digital content across all channels (social, marketing, EDM/CRM, web, display, etc.), monitoring performance to understand how it is driving the desired commercial outcome and continuously innovating and improving performance.
- Explores innovations, insights, and trends to push creative boundaries, and identifies new delivery or techniques for innovative digital content.
Key Accountability 3: Managing People & Process
This is a leadership role within the business. You will manage and inspire a team of highly capable creatives and will be just as comfortable with the tools as well as guiding the strategy. You will need to be able to:
- Mature our design operations to prioritise requests against business goals, scale the team through improved systems and processes, and streamline how we work on creative projects as an organisation.
- Collaborate effectively with other leaders at Comfort Works and setup processes for teams to engage and work with the creative content team.
- Be responsible for managing and mentoring our content team (video editor, designers, copywriters) to deliver high quality, on-brand, on-brief creative outputs.
- Identify and build new functions to scale the team—whether it be hiring in-house or partnering with production houses/agencies.
- Foster an open culture of design critique and feedback across product, marketing, and design teams.
- Creation of standard visual guidelines that can be easily translated across all mediums during execution.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re:
- A multidisciplinary i.e. a creative/art director, designer, and storyteller all rolled into one with 6+ years of relevant working experience
- 2+ years experience in a lead role, project managing a multi-skilled team of 4 or more
- Experience using design tools i.e. Adobe CS and Figma with in-depth knowledge of online and offline assets
- Hands-on experience in art direction and understands the technicalities behind content production.
- Track record in developing creative and content strategy at a high-level that has made a significant impact on the bigger “business picture”
- Familiarity with branding and storytelling; being able to identify opportunities and gaps that have led to an impactful direction for the brand
- Experience managing stakeholders and organising workflow within a content team
- Experience in producing a scalable and consistent content creation process. We’d like to see an extensive portfolio with this!
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams from different practices in a fast-paced environment
- Work with laser-focused attention to detail and organisational prowess.
Nice to have:
- Experience in Agile methodology, particularly SCRUM
- An eye and palette for interior design and home decor
- Experience developing a content strategy for a global audience
Comfort Works aims to breathe new life into all of the world’s living room; we do it by creating beautiful, handmade slipcovers that rejuvenate old and tired sofas. Every aspect of our operation is done in-house: from envelope design to web development to product manufacturing, nothing is outsourced.Comfort Works is where designers, geeks, writers, number crunchers, marketers, analysts, strategists, cat people, dog people, human people, manga lovers, movie lovers, gamers, introverts, extroverts and innovators who dream outside the box come together to help their fellow humans fall in love with their homes...over and over again.We design with the belief that we can live simple and beautiful by trying to revive the hidden potential of our old furniture and doing our part for the planet. Before we knew it, Comfort Works expanded into a huge range of products specializing in IKEA sofa covers, custom furniture slipcovers and other complementary accessories.